The Publications and Products are directed solely to persons 13 years of age or older. We do not knowingly gather information from visitors who are under 13. If we become aware that we have gathered Data from a person under 13, then we will attempt to delete such Data as soon as possible, subject to our obligations under applicable law. If you believe that we have gathered Data from a person under 13, please contact us email@example.com
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
1. Contact Data. Contact Data consists of the name, e-mail address and other contact information you provide using the Publications or when you purchase any Product. Contact information is accessible only by us. You consent to the use of your Contact Data for the legitimate business purposes of us as we make the Publications and Products available to you and provide information to you at your request.
2. Personal Data. Personal Data consists of all the personal information you input using the Publications other than the Contact Data and in connection with the purchase of any Products. It might include, for example, your age, interests, or requests you may submit using our contact forms. Your Personal Data is accessible only to us and to you. We do not share it with third parties, but we may use Personal Data to make inferences that help us provide the Publications and to improve the Products. We may also use Personal Data in an aggregated format that is not identifiable to any individual, and that aggregated information belongs solely to us. To the extent we are required to delete any Personal Data about you, we will still retain aggregated and anonymized information that may have originated as your Personal Data.
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Publications may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Publications. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Web Beacons. Pages of the Publications and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We will share your Information as follows:
At Your Instruction. If you request us to make your Data available to a third party, and such request furthers the purposes of our Publications or the sale of our Products, we will do so.
Sharing with Vendors and Service Providers. In certain cases, we use the services of third-party vendors and service providers to assist us in providing the Publications and Products. We may share your Data with such vendors and service providers solely for that purpose, and we will require those parties to abide by our privacy policies.
Service Providers. We may sometimes use a third party to provide specific Publications on our behalf, including sending e-mails to our members, conducting member surveys, processing transactions or performing statistical analysis of our Publications. In these cases, we may provide certain personal information, such as your name and e-mail address and other financial information necessary for the service to be provided. However, these third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of this information and are prohibited from retaining, sharing, storing or using this information for any other purposes.
Business Transitions. In the event that we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, liquidation or sale of all or a portion of our assets, the information we have about you will, in most instances, be part of the assets transferred. We reserve the right to transfer that information in connection with such transactions without notice to you.
Legal Disclosure. We may disclose your Information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to applicable law, comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, or investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or violations of our terms of service. Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Information: If you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, please follow the instructions below.
Receiving electronic communications from us. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by sending a request for list removal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their(or their customers') direct marketing purposes. If you would prefer that we do not share your information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by emailing email@example.com from the email that you have signed up or used in receiving the Publications.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you messages for administrative or other purposes directly relating to your use of the Publications, and you cannot opt-out from receiving those messages.
SECURITY AND PRIVACY FOR EU RESIDENTS
1. Never access, process, transfer, view, use, or store any Data of any third party without express authorization, and then only for purposes directly related to fulfilling your contractual obligations under your agreement with any third party (“Data Secrecy”)
2. Keep all Data strictly confidential and disclose Data only on a strict need-to-know basis to other employees or authorized users only as required for fulfilling an individual’s contractual obligations (“Confidentiality”); however, you agree that you shall not disclose or otherwise make accessible Data under any circumstances to anyone who has not been obliged to Data Secrecy and Confidentiality.
3. Ensure that your obligations of Data Secrecy and Confidentiality are observed forever, both during and after the expiration and/or termination of any agreement with us or any contractual relationship you may have with an employer or other party.
4. Upon our request to provide Company with satisfactory evidence that you have complied with your obligations of Data Secrecy and Confidentiality as set forth in this agreement.
The GDPR also requires us to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the security of Data belonging to residents of Europe. We make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the privacy and security of the Data of our European visitors and customers, and we are happy to give you a complete description of our most current efforts, if you will write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The security of your Data is important to us. We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Data in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Data that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Data to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
We will keep your information for as long as it remains necessary for the identified purpose or as required by law, which may extend beyond the termination of our relationship with you. We may retain certain data as necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or for legitimate business purposes, such as analysis of aggregated, non-personally-identifiable data, account recovery, or if required by law. All retained
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the payment card industry data security standard (pci-dss). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by pci-dss as managed by the pci security standards council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. Pci-dss requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s terms of service
(https://www.Shopify.Com/legal/terms) or privacy statement(https://www.Shopify.Com/legal/privacy).
ACCESS AND ACCURACY
You have the right to access the information we hold about you in order to verify the information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your information, although in certain limited circumstances we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you, such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your information. Having accurate information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to email@example.com
You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of your personal contact information. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a complaint concerning our compliance with applicable privacy laws, we will investigate your complaint and if it is justified, we will take appropriate measures.